I, personally, don’t care for prom. I am not going this year, and I do not plan on going next year. However, prom is tomorrow and I can’t help but be overwhelmed by all the chaos. (That is why I am in the computer lab right now, everyone else is preparing for the big night) So, I thought I would take this opportunity to share some of my own prom tips.
- Because most girls take off their shoes to dance, it is a good idea to come barefoot.
- Guys, girls may say that they want you to wear a tux, but we all know that girls like surprises. So, come to prom wearing an old t-shirt and a pair of jogging pants.
- When the prom king and queen are announced, pour a cooler of Gatorade on them. It makes sense because they will probably be the captain of the football team and the head cheerleader anyway.
- Have a Lightsaber Fight.
- Steal someone else’s date….literally. Pick her up and carry her away when he is not looking.
- Bribe the DJ to play the barney song.
- Randomly stand up any yell that prom is short for promenade. (That really is true. Wikipedia told me!) Girls will be so impressed with your knowledge of prom, they will dump their dates to hang out with you.
- Bring pet rats. Set them free so that they may dance too.
- Throw raw fish at random people.
- Stand on a table and shout, “You know, promenade/prom is great, but not as great as visiting Jamesdojo.wordpress.com!” ;)
- While dinner is being served, start a food fight!
- Two Words: Stink Bomb (It’s a classic!)
- Propose a toast, “to all the idiots who paid $30 and rented tux/dress so they could hang out in a smelly gym that has streamer randomly thrown about”. (We are having the prom in the school gym this year instead of renting a place)
- Propose another toast “to all the underclassmen who gave up their dignity to serve the idiots mentioned in the last toast”. (No offence Earl)
- Bring Waffles. (with syrup and butter of course)
- Break Dance to every slow song that is played.
- Come dressed as a viking.
- Come bringing a stack of school papers. Try to sell them. Be sure to yell so that everyone knows that you are selling them…..hey, Earl….your going to prom, right?….I got a little job for you.
- Since your in a gym, start a game of Dodge-ball.
- Set the streamers on fire. (Nothing says “Good Memories” quite like arson)
That is all I can think of right now. I may add more in the comments section later. If you can think of some, then please feel free to tell us.
(see, I told you I had a good idea for a post!)